Marten Transport

not a vary good one

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mondovi, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mondovi, WI

I have been working at Marten Transport

Pros

they pay is pretty descent

Cons

home time is not guranteed managent does not care about their drivers

44 Other Employee Reviews for Marten Transport (View Most Recent)

No training

I worked at Marten Transport full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Laidback dresscode and informal atmosphere

Cons

No formal training, no support from management, incredibly high turnover of employees, an environment requiring you to constantly throw other people under the bus to protect yourself, there was no teamwork

Take a good hard look at how your actions are affecting your turnover rate of employees. Make the time to train the new help.

Average weekly miles are world 1800 miles for seven days working out of Chester VA terminal.

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Marten Transport

Pros

Benefits , the managers, nice equipment, easy company to work for.

Cons

Not enough miles and pore planning by the load planners . If the drivers is not making enough money the company is not either. If it was on a graph , high pay would equal high revenue.

If your driver managers are going to manage the driver, they need better controll of routing the driver to utilize there time and equipment. I have noticed my driver manager telling me after a week on the road and 1800 miles later that they have to go by what the planners are giving them for me. The planner has no idea my situation , my milage status and apparently no incentive to keep a driver moving and not sitting one day and then driving the next. I had 8 day on this pay period with a total of 1875 Hub miles on the tractor. I don't think as a driver I need to keep having to complain about compensation of pay for one week on the road and doing everything I am suppose to do. You should have a guarentee each week and if the planners cannot do there jobs , let it count against them . Thanks for reading this . I like marten but hate the pay.

There are newer employer reviews for Marten Transport