its a job

I have been working at Marten Transport

Pros

good trucks, steady work, no slip seating, take trucks home on home time, great benefits, great Insurance. some of the people will really work hard for you.

Cons

Sliding pay scale is hard to understand., A driver never really knows what they are making on a run. Dispatchers never answering the phone or return a phone call, Going to the shop and sitting for hours and days to get your truck worked on and receiving no pay for sitting. And getting any layover pay takes the grace of god to get.

work with the drivers. because they are only human. Treat us like we are needed there and not just a number. Respect our home time and don't be calling us on our days off. We don't bother you when you are off. Make the fuel books alot like the old ones they were easier to read. and most of all remember if it was not for us drivers none of you would have a job.

Other Reviews for Marten Transport

I loved Marten Transport!

Current Employee - Inter-modal Driver
    Current Employee - Inter-modal Driver

I have been working at Marten Transport

Pros

Marten cares about their customers and employees equally. They do what is right for everybody in a professional way.

Cons

I wish they would give me another chance to prove that I was as committed to them as they were to me during my medical treatments.

Randy, I would only offer the advice to examine your work comp department because I think drivers that worked well but got injured are being mistreated.

Would be wonderful if there were more layover or detention when planners schedule TOO much time on a load.

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Marten Transport

Pros

MARTEN has a wonderful benefit package. They have quality top of the line trks{at least the PETERBILT 387 is}. And i guess the pay is comparable to the other large companies.
    Also, unlike a lot of the other companies that EXPECT you to chain in snow & ice,
    marten is the opposite. "Chains required, Shut Down." Feel unsafe driving? Shut Down.

Cons

MARTEN does not "PAY" for experience. By that I mEAN A 25 Yr veteran getting hired on for the same pay rate as a fresh out school rookie. That just seems wrong, somehow.
    You get hired on Southest Regional, supposed to get home every wknd only to be told later that you can only get home every OTHER wknd.

Some of the "Fleet Managers" or "Dispatch" need to learn to trust their drvrs when said drvr tells them he/she they can't deliver a certain load in the time alloted to do it. They also need to stop EXPECTING a drvr to roll with an overloaded{in any way} trlr. Be it over on the drives, tandems or overgrossed. Even though MARTEN says they would pay the fine & tkt , if one was issued , it would still go against the drvr on this new CSA 2010.
    Also, with the company having such nice looking trks, it would be good if Randy Marten would see fit to allow each trk to get washed at a trk wash at least ONCE a month. Not all drvrs have time when they go to a terminal to take time to wash their trk. All he would have to do is set up an account with one of the widespread TRK WASHES in the nation & each trk go in once a month to get washed. 20 minutes versus a couple of hours for a nice clean, shiny AWESOME looking ride to be PROUD of. Or even if the company would reimburse for a TRK WASH once a month would be good, too!

There are newer employer reviews for Marten Transport.

Worked for Marten Transport? Contribute to the Community!