There are newer employer reviews for Marten Transport

its a job

I have been working at Marten Transport

Pros

good trucks, steady work, no slip seating, take trucks home on home time, great benefits, great Insurance. some of the people will really work hard for you.

Cons

Sliding pay scale is hard to understand., A driver never really knows what they are making on a run. Dispatchers never answering the phone or return a phone call, Going to the shop and sitting for hours and days to get your truck worked on and receiving no pay for sitting. And getting any layover pay takes the grace of god to get.

work with the drivers. because they are only human. Treat us like we are needed there and not just a number. Respect our home time and don't be calling us on our days off. We don't bother you when you are off. Make the fuel books alot like the old ones they were easier to read. and most of all remember if it was not for us drivers none of you would have a job.

reviews filtered by
  1. I loved Marten Transport!

Current Employee - Inter-modal Driver
    Current Employee - Inter-modal Driver

I have been working at Marten Transport

Pros

Marten cares about their customers and employees equally. They do what is right for everybody in a professional way.

Cons

I wish they would give me another chance to prove that I was as committed to them as they were to me during my medical treatments.

Randy, I would only offer the advice to examine your work comp department because I think drivers that worked well but got injured are being mistreated.

2. Not enough freight to make a living, equipment was not in the best shape, they do not counsel you on your performance

I worked at Marten Transport

Pros

I cannot say that they are any better than the next guy. They have excellent lay over pay, and if there were more freight you could probably make a living. My dispatcher was a great guy, green but a good guy.

Cons

Too much time in between loads, poor freight availability, and they possibly hire too many drivers so they have no problem letting people go, even in situations that cannot be avoided.

I believe that this company is too quick to fire people. Maybe the powers that be should take into consideration that in inclement weather even the most seasoned drivers will have small incidents that are weather related.

There are newer employer reviews for Marten Transport