Growth Requires a Vision

I have been working at Martinrea International

Pros

It's close to home. The other labourers are fantastic and the work is enjoyable.

Cons

Our division has a long and proud history of meeting and exceeding customer requirements. The current management makes it difficult to achieve these things. We don't understand where the company is headed, what the future of our facility is or how the vision has changed since the company bought us. What was written in the papers at the beginning of our relationship about the company and the CEO seems to be at odds with the current business model. The trouble is that most of the information we get is through third parties or simply imagined.
Good leadership would cast a vision toward what we're all working toward. Previous ownership and management always managed to do that. They invested in their people and were rewarded beyond the cost of the investment. This company seems to consider labour as an expense to be minimized. History shows what happens to companies with such limits. They fail to keep customers happy and disappear.

Cast a vision. Know where you want to take Martinrea. Know what role you want to play in the industry and with customers. Help everyone understand that they are part of something bigger. Let everyone know about industry trends and the economic indicators that are being watched and how the company is positioned to be a player. Previous management and ownership made it a habit and understood the rewards.