There are newer employer reviews for Marvel Entertainment

Great place to hold an Internship.

Former Intern - IT Intern in New York, NY
Former Intern - IT Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Marvel Entertainment as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

People were great. Really fun environment. Supervisors and mentors were extremely helpful. Great place to intern if you're a big Marvel fan. Fun events like free movie screenings when new movies come out.

Cons

The IT room is extremely small. And the room is hidden all the way in the back. Sometimes the lack of space affected work flow.

reviews filtered by
  1. You can have fun at work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Marvel Entertainment full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good people, entertaining products, a sense of pride in the company.

Cons

I worked there in the eighties and nineties. I understand that it has become much more bureaucratic since then.

Lighten up. It's comic books. Let everyone share in the creative fun, not just the the mainstays.

2. Great Experience as a Web Design Intern

Former Intern - Web Design Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Web Design Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Marvel Entertainment as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

- Web design interns work in cubicles rather than in the intern work stations.
    - Experienced a working environment and got to observe how employees and teams interact with each other.
    - Got to be involved in other tasks/projects other than the intern responsibilities that I was assigned.
    - Dress code, for the most part, is pretty casual in my department, so I was able to dress comfortably.
    - Learned new tricks while I worked on the design of the sales/featured comics bricks for the website.

Cons

- Never got to experience a team/department meeting in the conference room(s).
    - My school goes by a quarter system, so I was only an intern for 11 weeks (this isn't a con for Marvel, but just a general Con because I would've loved to extend my internship if it were possible).

I think it would be a great idea to bring your intern(s) along for one or two meetings so they would get a chance to observe and experience what a meeting in this kind of industry is like.

There are newer employer reviews for Marvel Entertainment