Marvell Technology
www.marvell.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

Execution has severe problem stopping us moving forward

Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

ProsVery technical people around. Some are good.
Positive culture for innovation.
Push design to extreme and go after it relentlessly.

ConsLow ball offers for good engineers. Very stupid idea.

Horrible CAD environment. You need spend ~ 2x time to get what can be done in other companies. The network connection is very very slow and glitchy. Your desktop can freeze any time.

Design/layout have to done multiple times. Because internal CAD flow is changing from time to time constantly, you never know when you will get a finalized design.

Company is going down. Losing a lot of business to other competitors. Future is not bright.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire CAD department head. Find a regular one will do 10x better.
Fire IT department head. Find someone knows QoS.
Layoff 20% people. It is a good time to get lean and competitive. Too many incapable people now compared with 5 years ago.

Don't go work here.

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Marvell Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Some great people work here. Unfortunately they are stifled… Cons: People are treated poorly by management. The ego of… Advice to Senior Management: This company needs new senior management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Previous Sr Staff Engineer in Santa Clara's central Physical Design team

Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Marvell Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros: At the time (2007-2008) food is free. Gym, covered parking,… Cons: IN this particular group: un-verified flow is forced to be used, very to no support from management, very incompetent designers produce sub-standard netlist to work… Advice to Senior Management: Respect individuals or good people will keep leaving. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Marvell Technology.

Worked for Marvell Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marvell Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marvell Technology CEO Sehat Sutardja. All reviews posted anonymously by Marvell Technology employees.