Marvell Technology
www.marvell.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

Awful company culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Marvell Technology full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood food, cheap cafeteria. Free on-site gym. Benefits are pretty good.

Cons-Company culture is awful. Everyone keeps to themselves - people weren't necessarily unfriendly, but not friendly, either. There is NO diversity at all (just spend a minute in the cafeteria during lunchtime, and you will understand).
-There is a lot of fighting/politics between groups and it often felt like we were working for different companies, and not on one team. Extremely frustrating.
-People are resistant to change/improving necessary process, even though current systems/tools/processes are severely outdated and hamper the company's efficiency.
-Executive management only cares about themselves (husband-wife team) and how to make themselves richer. Focus is only on engineering instead of running a real business.
-Company outlook is not great, and they're in the middle of a huge lawsuit with Carnegie Mellon. Raises/bonuses have been a pittance because company has not been doing well.
-No career growth at all.
-Because management is so paranoid of headhunters, there is no published org chart, which makes cross functional roles very difficult because you don't know who works for what. It's not like not having an org chart will keep people at the company - people are leaving in flocks anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you really care about the company, you'd bring someone in from the outside to help run it instead of only caring about your own wealth and your family.

Marvell review

Senior Hardware Engineer (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Marvell Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very nice Campus, good facilities: GYM, Cafeteria, Basketball and volleyball… Cons: Not the best place to work. Relatively low salaries. Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to the good employees who are leaving because… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to work

ASIC Design Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Marvell Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good diversity, Good working environment. Nice co-workers Cons: average salary, better have more training. Advice to Senior Management: No Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Marvell Technology.

Worked for Marvell Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marvell Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marvell Technology CEO Sehat Sutardja. All reviews posted anonymously by Marvell Technology employees.