Marvell Technology

www.marvell.com

The worst experience that I absolutely loved...

Contractor (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThe people. Marvell has some very brilliant employees, it has a very special culture. Love the graciousness of most of the employees, their kindness, their manners. I believe people bring their heart and passion to work and are very grateful for their jobs and being able to contribute to some of the most utilized, leading industry technology in the world. They have an amazing hiring record for supporting immigration and giving people from around the world opportunities they might never have otherwise. They are a phenomenal training ground for new grads. In general people work a lot however they are afforded a level of flexibility most silicon valley environments don't embrace anymore. I think this has helped them retain talent that they might not have otherwise. It is not uncommon to work with people that have been there 7, 10 and 15 years, a refreshing change from a 2 year employee life-cycle in so many technology companies.

ConsPoor internal mobility, lack of non-technical training to support new managers and better management, bad management in areas that have not been addressed which equals unnecessary high turnover, contractors utilized as employees not as contractors should be, long hiring cycle and inconsistencies in the offer process, in some areas the business units are fairly siloed which create a lack of team work, overrun of expenses and poor inefficient processes. Bad internal and external marketing - the most widely used products that consumers don't know about which greatly affect stock price. Multinational environment does not equal an EEOC compliant company.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up your HR - EEOC, Talent Acquisition, recognition programs, internal mobility, professional development and advancement opportunities. Fix your marketing - every new hire should have stock options, the belief in Marvell's internal economy begins in-house. Build your vision, mission and values internally and then externally so all employees are moving forward together (get them to drink your cool aide! Internal/external marketing consistent - people won't buy Marvell stock if they don't know what you do; build consumer awareness and you will build their confidence in Marvell's future. Brilliant future in technology, pull it together with world class "hiring, branding and retention" programs coupled with building consumer awareness and identifiable "CPG" marketing and you will be unstoppable!

Family controlled, stuck as mid-sized company

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Marvell Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good food in the cafeteria. Cons: $1.27B lawsuit. Ridiculous 401k matching. Low raises and bonuses. CEO and his wife have too much control. They… Advice to Senior Management: Give credit where credit is due and take blame for poor decisions. Stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company has lost its edge and good people

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Marvell Technology full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Healthy lunch, Gym, Nice people to work with. Cons: Product definition is totally reactive to the market, no innovation… Advice to Senior Management: The CEO himself still thinks himself as an engineer, he… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Marvell Technology.

Worked for Marvell Technology? Contribute to the Community!