Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital

rated Okay

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital

Pros

Job satisfaction in caring for the clients. The opportunity to get to know patients and their families on a personal level.

Cons

Minimal feedback provided by management, poor communication. Management allowed certain employees to go against policies due to seniority. Favoritism has no place in the work-place.

Have a concrete set of expectations for all employees to increase job satisfaction. Also, management needs to set clear 'rules' regarding workplace gossip.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital (View Most Recent)

In flux...optimism tinged with insecurity about the company's commitment to individuals

Current Employee - Clinical in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Clinical in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Caring people, good benefits, a mission that is rewarding. It's an exciting time with so much growth potential with the new facility and expanding the network to serve more patients.

Cons

There have been "restructuring" moves that resulted in surprise eliminations of co-workers that have left many feeling unsure about job security.

New management ruined a great place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital

Pros

I loved my job. Seeing the patients improve and being part of their journey was so awesome and rewarding. My coworkers were clinically solid and very helpful.

Cons

If you saw an opportunity for something to be better or something unfair was happening, it was best to stay silent because if management perceived you as negative it was an eventual death sentence for your job. This happened to many good employees. Nursing management stated on multiple occasions that they had full support of the CEO to do whatever they chose and that unchecked power was abused.

Advice to the Guild: read the employee surveys!! We were dissatisfied and instead of addressing our concerns the DON just told us she was dissapointed in our attitude. Approaching our concerns and frustrations in that way allowed the DON to not have to change or improve anything because she could claim that our concerns were just us complaining. This approach to our concerns provided a convenient excuse for plummeting morale and a jump in attrition.

There are newer employer reviews for Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital