Mary Kay
www.marykay.com Addison, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Always have to CYA

Human Resources (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, the employees - you build great relationships that last forever. The do a good job of 'locking you in' with the compensation because they well over market.

ConsEventhough they say we remain neutral, it's about management and protecting them, however, we do little to provide training to develop their skills. MK is a fear-based company that takes no ownership is developing great talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think HR has a huge fault in this as well, because their is no accountablilty on their part to hold management to developing leaders and talented employees are brought on and then ideas are squashed because tenured employees feel threated. There is a lot of favoritism is HR as well with its leadership team, so it's tough to ask customers to act or be a certain way when they know HR give promotion based on looks, rather than skill and don't really have a hand in deciding on a termination.

Interesting Experience

Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Mary Kay

Pros: Unlimited Potential for the right individual. You are your own boss therefore you… Cons: Will suck if you cannot see eye to eye with your Director. There is no way to switch Directors unless you sit out… Advice to Senior Management: None, wonderful company if you are willing to work hard. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

very pleasant

Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Mary Kay

Pros: exciting, rewarding, make friends and feeling beautiful Cons: hard to get customers and team members More
There are newer reviews on Mary Kay.

Worked for Mary Kay? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mary Kay reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mary Kay CEO David B. Holl. All reviews posted anonymously by Mary Kay employees.