Mary Kay
www.marykay.com Addison, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Re-energized and moving in exciting directions

Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mary Kay full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits are *amazing*!! Can we say "flex time"? Accomplishments are frequently and publicly celebrated, and personal development is strongly supported. In addition to academic reimbursement, there is an internal intern program that allows you to work 20 hours a week in any department. You can also spend a year rotating full-time among different teams.

ConsThe company may be more conservative than others in terms of taking risks with products. The company also doesn't invest very much in marketing or advertizing, so those teams have to be very creative with their small resource pool.

Mary Kay is very inspiring

Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee)
Plumas Lake, CA

I have been working at Mary Kay full-time for less than a year

Pros: 50% commission. Always an opportunity to move up in status.… Cons: Down-times if you cannot find customers Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great opportunity to start as a side job

Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Mary Kay part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexibility, you are your own boss, the products are good,… Cons: The pressure to team build, feels like an MLM, can't move up until you team build, you try so hard sometimes and your results are… More

There are newer reviews on Mary Kay.

Worked for Mary Kay? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mary Kay reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mary Kay CEO David B. Holl. All reviews posted anonymously by Mary Kay employees.