There are newer employer reviews for Mary Kay

Flexibility, balance, and a career all in one.

Current Employee - Independent Beauty Consultant  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Independent Beauty Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mary Kay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Truly wonderful getting to work for myself while helping to enrich and improve the lives of others.

Cons

Not enough consultant training by senior consultants on sharing whats worked and not worked for them to help and allow them to advance in the field.

293 Other Employee Reviews for Mary Kay (View Most Recent)

I LOVE my Mary Kay!!

Current Employee - Marykay Senior Consultant  in  Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Marykay Senior Consultant in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Mary Kay part-time for more than a year

Pros

There are way too many pros to mention, but here are a few I love that I can be a part of a company that is founded on the principles of God first, family second, and career third; as well as the Golden Rule. In Mary Kay I have unlimited earning potential; I can earn free cars (including the prestigious pink Cadillac), my hard work is recognized, appreciated, and celebrated; I am becoming a stronger, more confident woman; I get to be my own boss and design my own life; no quotas, no sales territories, and lots of tax advantages; plus so much more.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons.

As an independent contractor, I'm my own boss of my own business, so there is no management over me.

Re-energized and moving in exciting directions

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mary Kay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are *amazing*!! Can we say "flex time"? Accomplishments are frequently and publicly celebrated, and personal development is strongly supported. In addition to academic reimbursement, there is an internal intern program that allows you to work 20 hours a week in any department. You can also spend a year rotating full-time among different teams.

Cons

The company may be more conservative than others in terms of taking risks with products. The company also doesn't invest very much in marketing or advertizing, so those teams have to be very creative with their small resource pool.

There are newer employer reviews for Mary Kay

Worked for Mary Kay? Contribute to the Community!