There are newer employer reviews for Mary Kay

Want a job that's fun, fits around your schedule, and builds your self-esteem? Then try being a Mary Kay consultant,

Former Employee - Consultant
Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Mary Kay full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work from home, benefits of working from home, set you own hours, unlimited earning potential, superior product, excellent support from the Company and other consultants, lots of fun, wonderful incentive prizes, the best sales training anyone can get.

Cons

Commission based, no benefits until you reach a management level, lots of evening work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. RPM ONLINE MAKEUP ACADEMY GREAT DISCOVERY FOR MY MARY KAY CAREER!

I have been working at Mary Kay

Pros

I am currently a MK consultant and I am loving it. However it hasn't been an easy career but I just discovered a fabulous online makeup academy taught by a celebrity makeup artist. This has helped boost my confidence and knowledge. Everyone should take this course highly recommend ... RPM ONLINE MAKEUP ACADEMY .. MARY KAY COURSE

Cons

no cons at current time

2. Not an efficient office in Shanghai

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Mary Kay as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was exposed to the entire process of rebranding of their Timewise line-- from focus groups all the way up to the TVC. It's a company that really pushes their female entrepreneurs, so I really support this question.

Cons

Work ethic is mostly nonexistent. The office is populated by gossipy middle aged women with very little to do. Perhaps I was there during summer, which is maybe not a busy time but it was still frustrating.