Mary Kay
www.marykay.com Addison, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Senior Beauty Consultant

Independent Beauty Consultant' (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsFreedom, Flexibility, Empowering to women. Encourages "Faith First, Family Second, Career Third" and a positive environment. So much fun! Meeting women from all walks of life is encouraging, proving that anyone can be successful if they choose to be.

ConsYou must be a self-starter and want to do more and be more as a person if you expect to succeed in the Mary Kay sales force. You must discipline yourself and treat it as a serious business. If you do this, your career will flourish.

Great job if you're not afraid of hard work and sales

Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee)
    Naperville, IL

I have been working at Mary Kay part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: You make your own hours and decide how hard you want to work. It's… Cons: It is very easy to over-order your inventory and get stuck with old product that you can not sell. You need to be ready and… More

4 stars not indicative of real company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I worked at Mary Kay full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great benefits, good salaries and bonuses. Cons: Everything. The 4 stars that this company has comes from the sales consultants and not from the people who actually work there. This is… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees with dignity and respect. Actual corportate culture is the opposite… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Mary Kay.

Worked for Mary Kay? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mary Kay reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mary Kay CEO David B. Holl. All reviews posted anonymously by Mary Kay employees.