Mary Kay

www.marykay.com
  www.marykay.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mary Kay

Corporate Review NOT Consultant: Lacking Diversity in Leadership levels in many divisions

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I worked at Mary Kay full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not a myth, benefits are good if you exercise and take care of yourself. Prepare to share some details.

Cons

Group Think was somewhat rampant. Lack of diversity among leadership positions. Real information sharing doesn't really exist, not really a con but the way the company operates. Departments seem more combative with each other rather than collaborative.

Keep improving and welcome honest feedback.

322 Other Employee Reviews for Mary Kay (View Most Recent)

Mary Kay is an amazing opportunity for those who are driven and self-motivated.

Current Employee - Future Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Future Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mary Kay part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance is second to none. I work with wonderful positive people who are supportive and inspiring. My income is based on my effort and I love it! If I want to make $100,000 this year then $100,000 it is.

Cons

The challenges are that you have to work hard. You can't just skate along like a corporate job and collect a paycheck. The upside is the more you work the more your paid whereas on salary no matter how much or how little you work your check is the same.

Senior Beauty Consultant

Current Employee - Independent Beauty Consultant' in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Independent Beauty Consultant' in Houston, TX

I have been working at Mary Kay as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Freedom, Flexibility, Empowering to women. Encourages "Faith First, Family Second, Career Third" and a positive environment. So much fun! Meeting women from all walks of life is encouraging, proving that anyone can be successful if they choose to be.

Cons

You must be a self-starter and want to do more and be more as a person if you expect to succeed in the Mary Kay sales force. You must discipline yourself and treat it as a serious business. If you do this, your career will flourish.

There are newer employer reviews for Mary Kay