Mary Kay

www.marykay.com
  www.marykay.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mary Kay

4 stars not indicative of real company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Mary Kay full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good salaries and bonuses.

Cons

Everything. The 4 stars that this company has comes from the sales consultants and not from the people who actually work there. This is the worst company I have ever worked for. Your "friends" are just waiting to stab you in the back. Employees are fired for the smallest things. If they don't like you, they will find some way to get rid of you. Just don't ever work for this company. Mary Kay would roll over in her grave if she knew how employees were being treated now.

Treat employees with dignity and respect. Actual corportate culture is the opposite of what they say their values are. Do what you say you will.

325 Other Employee Reviews for Mary Kay (View Most Recent)

Corporate Review NOT Consultant: Lacking Diversity in Leadership levels in many divisions

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I worked at Mary Kay full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not a myth, benefits are good if you exercise and take care of yourself. Prepare to share some details.

Cons

Group Think was somewhat rampant. Lack of diversity among leadership positions. Real information sharing doesn't really exist, not really a con but the way the company operates. Departments seem more combative with each other rather than collaborative.

Keep improving and welcome honest feedback.

Mary Kay is an amazing opportunity for those who are driven and self-motivated.

Current Employee - Future Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Future Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mary Kay part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance is second to none. I work with wonderful positive people who are supportive and inspiring. My income is based on my effort and I love it! If I want to make $100,000 this year then $100,000 it is.

Cons

The challenges are that you have to work hard. You can't just skate along like a corporate job and collect a paycheck. The upside is the more you work the more your paid whereas on salary no matter how much or how little you work your check is the same.

There are newer employer reviews for Mary Kay