There are newer employer reviews for Mary Kay

Smoke and Mirror

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Addison, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at Mary Kay

Pros

MK offers excellent compensation. The facility is conveniently located and the parking is underground. Most rank and file employees are friendly.

Cons

A thick layer of middle management hampers production. Better communication between groups are to be desired. Contractors and employees are treated differently.

Get rid of the thick layer of middle management for streamlining the process.
Value each employees' feedback.
Establish corporate culture of trust.

295 Other Employee Reviews for Mary Kay (View Most Recent)

From a IST Employee

Current Employee - IST Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IST Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mary Kay

Pros

-Good benefits compared to other companies
    -Fellow employees are for the most part easy to work with and very smart

Cons

-Half of middle mgrs in IST are incompetent and function only to keep the rank and file employees in line
    -Cult like corporate culture can wear on you after awhile if the kool aid is not your taste

Streamline IST operations by getting rid of middle mgrs who bring nothing IT wise to the table. This would save money in salaries and make things more efficient.

Friendly, trusting relationships build fantastic businesses!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  BrenTownshipood, NH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in BrenTownshipood, NH

I have been working at Mary Kay

Pros

God first, family second, career third. Mary Kay is a positive environment where everyone has the ability to enrich women's lives in everything they do. Flexibility around my family life is very important to me. In Mary Kay I am able to earn as much as I want. I earn what I am worth, not what someone else says the job is worth. Mary Kay is all about opportunity - opportunity in relationships, family life, self confidence, helping others and earning money at your pace.

Cons

I was nervous - how can I make sales? I didn't think I would be able to talk with people that I don't know and I didn't want to become the "sales person type". With Mary Kay, there is no need to be scared, because everyone is there to help you along the way. There is no pressure to produce and training is available constantly. We are a family that is looking out for everyone to succeed and be happy. First and foremost, we are creating relationships, not sales. It's amazing what can happen sales-wise, when the number 1 priority is the relationship with the customer.

Keep the positivity flowing! It's what keeps us happy and productive and in turn, helps to spread positivity to the rest of the world, one relationship at a time.

There are newer employer reviews for Mary Kay

Worked for Mary Kay? Contribute to the Community!