Maryland Live Casino

www.marylandlivecasino.com

This is the entertainment business after all!

Dispatch (Current Employee) Hanover, MD

ProsNote: I've worked at many entertainment companies including a movie theatre, alcohol distributors, and talent scouting. When comparing the stress, pay, respect, and black out days, Maryland Live is easily in last place but I know what to expect with this industry. If you're not used to working in the entrainment industry you're in for a rude awakening. (Unless you're going to be a salaried/management employee)

Outward praise for good work.
Prizes awarded to employees.
Cheap medical, dental, vision, and 401k for FT employees.
Healthcare benefits now offered for PT employees post Obamacare.
Cheap dining. One could have 3 full meals for $4!
Many ways to move up in the company without college degree or former casino experience.
Ability to move to different departments and jobs if unsatisfied currently and qualified.
Employees of all cultures and backgrounds.
Many shifts to choose from to fit your personal needs.
Culture of togetherness.

ConsPoint system for attendance with non-salaried employees. If you're late, call out, or have to leave early for any reason(Emergency or not), you will be pointed between .5 and 2.0 points. Terminated at 10!
Employees can be extremely rude and ignorant.
Many "black out" days where you cannot request off. Black out days include ALL major Christian and American secular holidays.
In non- salaried jobs you will be on your feet for your entire Shift except for 2 breaks.
Very low pay! Very low pay!
Thin poor quality uniforms.
Gaming license is expensive.
Union membership is required of slots, dealers, and F&B employees. Taken out every check although union representatives are never seen after orientation. (To be fair, this isn't the casino's responsibility.)

Advice to Senior ManagementWe love the interchange meetings, however, you should have meetings with members of each department to hear their concerns. If an employee has a problem with their departmental management, they cannot feel secure in making a complaint to said management.

Make HR, payroll, and clinic services available to grave shift(overnight) and weekend employees. If I need paperwork or my paycheck isn't right, I have to wait until M-F 0800-1500 to get helped. This is ridiculous!

Increase pay and do it now before other casinos open. Maryland Live has no real competition on the east coast even from Atlantic City as it pertains to revenue. However, if upcoming casinos will pay more and be closer to their homes, expect atleast 70% of your employees to be gone.

Ugh

I have been working at Maryland Live Casino

Pros: Co workers: lasting friendships Customers: multiple scenarios Cons: Lack of communication with management Advice to Senior Management: Be more involved More

90% of the time it's an amazing job. 10% of the time it's absolutely miserable

Dealer (Current Employee) Hanover, MD

I have been working at Maryland Live Casino full-time for less than a year

Pros: I've never been happier during any other job. Friendly customers. Friendly co-workers. Lot's of breaks, Paycheck isn't too bad after tips are included. Pretty good… Cons: I've never been more stressed during any other job. Miserable customers can ruin your day. Some lower level management and dual-rate employees have no clue… Advice to Senior Management: Where's the internal customer service? We understand that customer service is essential in this business; but when a customer is being disrespectful to a dealer,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Maryland Live Casino.

Worked for Maryland Live Casino? Contribute to the Community!