Maryland Live Casino

www.marylandlivecasino.com
  www.marylandlivecasino.com
There are newer employer reviews for Maryland Live Casino

Crappy, management puts up a front towards the workforce even shift department managers have expressed their displeasure

Current Employee - Security Officer in Hanover, MD
Current Employee - Security Officer in Hanover, MD

I have been working at Maryland Live Casino full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice Employee Dining Hall for employees to use

Cons

Managers and Owners have no regards to the workforce.

Learning about the people you employ, find out their strengths and weaknesses.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Maryland Live Casino (View Most Recent)

Very disorganized.

I worked at Maryland Live Casino full-time

Pros

There are a lot of benefits and a fun atmosphere.

Cons

The whole company is so disorganized.

If you are thinking about dealing poker or blackjack here, think again and choose to work somewhere else...

Current Employee - Poker Dealer in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Poker Dealer in Hanover, MD

I have been working at Maryland Live Casino part-time (less than an year)

Pros

GITCA agreement which means that you are taxed at a certain hourly rate and tips are generally over that so less taxes to pay

Easiest audition to get hired for (poker).

Tips were what I expected and you could make some good tips. Tip rate was about $20-$25 not the best I have seen but certainly not the worse thats for blackjack on the table game side. Always hiring for full time.

Cons

Expensive gaming license $437 -- can take a long time for gaming license to be processed...Manager never even tried to speed up license processing so that employment can begin. Could take up to 3 months.

Expensive housing in the area...

Union which you have to join seems worthless especially if you get fired in the first 90 days

No work life balance and part time for poker dealers with variable shifts. Even though the management told me the schedule would be out 3 weeks in advance it was frequently out under two weeks in advance. Days of week varied as well as day and night shifts. Would definitely interfere with someone with a second job or going to school.

Difficult to trade shifts. Paperwork was lost on occaision. Sometimes I had 2 night shifts and a day shift and that made it more difficult to trade shifts. Also 3am start times on the weekend made it difficult to trade because they considered that a Saturday or Sunday shift and not a Saturday shift. You could not give away shifts or pick up extra shifts as part timers. Getting on the facebook page and that helped somewhat with trading shifts.

Offsite parking on weekends during peak times and it was about 2 miles away and you have to catch a shuttle bus to work from the parking lot adds an extra 30 minutes to the commute.

Dining card which was not linked to an account and upon leaving or termination you forfeit the money on the card.

Interchange meetings to tell the future for the casino... They tried to make it fun but boring if you been in the biz a long time

Hard to get promoted unless you are in a minority group. Happened on at least one occaision that someone didnt get promoted for that reason and was told that. Supervisors never informed you on your work progress and you work with many of them. Terms without notice happens.

Orientation is 2 days means really nothing but at least they feed you the casino buffet during both days. Funny at the interchange meeting there was a prize for a buffet and no one wanted to claim it.

Benefits for Part timers were no use to me.. The medical insurance was more expensive for part timers. PTO time was given but almost every day was blacked out for 6-8 months in advance. It was nearly impossible to get a day off in a short period of time weekday or weekend and much longer for weekends. Also the 401k you had to be with the company for five years to be vested and get their matching.

Competition is coming in and with the poorly managed place here I am sure a few will be sprinkling into the new casinos that will open this year and in two years from now.

Management needs to be more welcoming to new workers. The poker director never came forward to meet me or make much contact with other people. . I only saw him in passing once during my time ago. And he wasnt very receptive either. Documentation is needed to progress. It only takes one supervisor who may not like me or my name report it to the director and get the employee fired. Management should try to find another job fit for people if they didnt fit in the department. Management needs to get off this ego trip also. saw one dealer clock in before the shift time and helped a customer He was 2 minutes late and overheard the shift manager mark him down as late and we did not get our table assignments yet.

There are newer employer reviews for Maryland Live Casino