Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission

www.mncppc.org
  www.mncppc.org
There are newer employer reviews for Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission

Decent lifeguard wages : 9.30/hr

Former Employee - Lifeguard in College Park, MD
Former Employee - Lifeguard in College Park, MD

I worked at Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission full-time (less than an year)

Pros

MUCH better salary than lifeguard wages in private sector pools in the area.

Cons

You have to struggle and negotiate if you want at least 37 hrs a week.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (View Most Recent)

A smart growth stepping stone

Former Employee - Principal Planning Technician in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Principal Planning Technician in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work in a jurisdiction with a strong commitment to smart growth policy and long-range planning. Provides solid compensation, good hours and benefits.

Cons

Relatively inflexible bureaucracy, entrenched career employees with low turnover, and periodic fluctuations in leadership.

Have had a positive experience.

Current Employee - Facility Manager in Bladensburg, MD
    Current Employee - Facility Manager in Bladensburg, MD

I have been working at Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have generally had a good experience working with the Commission for the 25 years I've been there. Management is organized, functional and on top of things. It's a good place to work and it provides great recreational services to the residents of Prince George's county.

Cons

There may be employees that you aren't able to get along with. I think a more rigorous employment process needs to take place before a person is employed with M-NCPPC.

Reform the employment process.

Work at Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission? Share Your Experiences

Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission