Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission

www.mncppc.org
  www.mncppc.org
There are newer employer reviews for Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission

Decent lifeguard wages : 9.30/hr

Former Employee - Lifeguard  in  College Park, MD
Former Employee - Lifeguard in College Park, MD

I worked at Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission full-time for less than a year

Pros

MUCH better salary than lifeguard wages in private sector pools in the area.

Cons

You have to struggle and negotiate if you want at least 37 hrs a week.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (View Most Recent)

A smart growth stepping stone

Former Employee - Principal Planning Technician  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Principal Planning Technician in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work in a jurisdiction with a strong commitment to smart growth policy and long-range planning. Provides solid compensation, good hours and benefits.

Cons

Relatively inflexible bureaucracy, entrenched career employees with low turnover, and periodic fluctuations in leadership.

Have had a positive experience.

Current Employee - Facility Manager  in  Bladensburg, MD
    Current Employee - Facility Manager in Bladensburg, MD

I have been working at Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have generally had a good experience working with the Commission for the 25 years I've been there. Management is organized, functional and on top of things. It's a good place to work and it provides great recreational services to the residents of Prince George's county.

Cons

There may be employees that you aren't able to get along with. I think a more rigorous employment process needs to take place before a person is employed with M-NCPPC.

Reform the employment process.

Worked for Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission? Contribute to the Community!