Masco
www.masco.com Taylor, MI 5000+ Employees

No growth opportunity for support personnel

Support Staff (Current Employee)
Taylor, MI

I have been working at Masco

ProsThe health benefits are much better than previous companies; on-site cafe; matching gifts; the company closes for the week between Christmas Eve and New Year's. There is a gym on-site. 4% match for 401k. Annual bonus and profit sharing.

ConsMinimum to zero advancement potential for support personnel. I have never had a performance review. They are so focused on bringing in good young talent that they make everyone that has been there for years feel undervalued. Support personnel are continuously left out of department meetings, not given any projects, basically made to feel that we are not an important part of the team. Telecommuting policy is not fairly governed.

Lots of red tape for every little idea you may have, legal has to look at everything and takes weeks to respond. IT Help Desk is in bad shape, but they are genuinely pleasant people. It seems to be a lack of direction.

The HQ building has so much empty space (waste of money) and should be moved to Ann Arbor with Cabinetry. According to our last all-employee meeting, layoffs are coming AGAIN. Staff are tired of seeing their co-workers terminated. Morale is pitiful. It feels as if there is a constant threat, and there are a couple director level employees who seem to get energized by firing people. These are the type of people that become executives in the company. The "atmosphere" has changed so much.

It is very heartbreaking as this used to be a wonderful company. I hope that Masco can find its way back, but it doesn't look like it will anytime soon.

In general, I cannot recommend Masco to any interested support level candidates. That said, if you are an executive level employee, you will probably be quite pleased, especially as there are extra perks for execs. I think the extra perks would make up for some of the low morale, etc. that you will face. So, please don't let my review hold you back if you are at that level. It is only for the office workers that the situation is truly dire.

Great Company...Lots of Potential!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Masco

Pros: Masco is a growing, ever-changing company. They are constantly working to improve… Cons: Because they are in such a growth mode, they often… Advice to Senior Management: Be more proactive in creating the infrastructure needed to support change and growth. Clean house, if necessary, to get rid of anyone who is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Economy has hit Masco hard

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Taylor, MI

I worked at Masco

Pros: Masco used to be a great company and still has a… Cons: The economic slowdown has hit this company hard and barely resembles the same place… Advice to Senior Management: Pray that the housing market improves and get back to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Masco.

Worked for Masco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Masco reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Masco CEO Tim Wadhams. All reviews posted anonymously by Masco employees.