There are newer employer reviews for Masonicare

Wonderful organization I feel blessed to be a part of!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Wallingford, CT
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Masonicare part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The patients come first at Masonciare, bottom line. As a clinical employee I am proud of the level of care I am able to deliver on a daily basis and proud to work for an organization with such strong community ties as Masonicare. The organization's reputation speaks for itself. You will not find another company with as many long term staff - in many cases 20 years+!

Cons

Their IT department is slow to respond sometimes.

Keep up the good work! This is a fantastic organization that I would have no problem putting my own parents in the care of.

Oct 10, 2013Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review of Masonicare! It is passionate employees like you that make this organization great!

In regards to our staff longevity, we are actually hosting our annual Employee
... More

14 Other Employee Reviews for Masonicare (View Most Recent)

Staff home care PT job means you'll be working for free--beware!

Current Employee - Staff Home Care PT  in  East Lyme, CT
    Current Employee - Staff Home Care PT in East Lyme, CT

I have been working at Masonicare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company philosophy. Top, top management make a good show of reaching out to people in all types of jobs at the company.

Cons

Company philosophy does not trickle down to health care workers on the front lines. As staff PT you will have to meet quota regardless of hours you're actually being paid to work. In a huge driving territory (expect to drive 50-60 min between patients pretty regularly), that means you'll work many hours each week for free between visits, driving and computer paperwork. Look elsewhere if you want to get paid for the time you are actually putting into your job.

Pay less attention to the bottom line (supposed to be non-profit, right?) and care more about employees. They talk the talk but don't necessarily walk the walk.

Aug 28, 2013Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review of Masonicare! We appreciate your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns.

It is important to note that at Masonicare, homecare Physical
    ... More

Still the old boys club in upper management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wallingford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

I worked at Masonicare full-time

Pros

The caregiving staff is amazing to work with and the quality of care given is some of the best in the state.

Cons

Upper management made up of mostly Masonic fraternity affiliated males. Don't expect to climb the ladder unless you are planning to join the fraternal order. Higher management females are often in nursing or marketing/sales and are hired for their appeal. History of laying off staff who have health issues and take leave even though it is a healthcare organization.

Try doing 360 reviews. Many managers may have strong fraternal ties, but are poor managers of people.

Aug 29, 2013Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review of Masonicare! We appreciate your positive recognition of our caregiving staff.

It is important to note that our current Executive Management team is made up of

There are newer employer reviews for Masonicare

Worked for Masonicare? Contribute to the Community!