There are newer employer reviews for Masonite International

Great company with great values, I hope to stay here a long time!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Masonite International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Masonite is growing very quickly and since going public, seems to still be offering better career opportunities to their employees. I've been here less than 2 years and have already gotten a promotion into a job that suits my career path perfectly. Individual goals are linked to corporate goals and the whole company is addressed by the CEO frequently so everyone works toward common strategic objectives and knows how we're doing in the market. I've been very happy here and hoping to stay here a long time!

Cons

Growing pains. The industry got hit pretty bad in 2008 or so, and by growing quickly and rebuilding from the recession, it takes time to put some of the pieces back together while adding new pieces at the same time. Also, Masonite is a bit understaffed.

Keep communicating how the company is doing regularly, it helps everyone know how we are stacking up against our competitors.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Masonite International (View Most Recent)

You're definitely going to want to look somewhere else.

Former Employee - Anonymous Cog
    Former Employee - Anonymous Cog

I worked at Masonite International full-time

Pros

- Tampa and Charlotte are beautiful cities. Great weather.
    - You'll find your coworkers hardworking and generally pleasant. One of the best teams I've had the pleasure of working with in terms of talent and comraderie.

Cons

- Leadership is non-existant. In its place, you WILL find a number of people with better titles than you waiting to point fingers when the results of POOR management / planning surface. It's like they have no understanding of the business, inside or out.
    - Seriously, anything VP-level or above is utterly useless in that place.
    - Strategic direction changes direction like a plastic bag in a tornado.
    - Review time...shoot for the middle. It's one of those places where only a couple of people can get a good (non-mediocre) review as a matter of policy. These are reserved for bosses pets.
    - HIGH turnover.
    - There's a definite feeling of us-versus-them. Management and their favorites are "us". You're very probably "them"
    - You'll work hard. You'll go above and beyond. It WON'T be appreciated. Not even a little bit.

You've got talented people working there. Listen to them...even when they say things that you don't want to hear. Egos don't make money.

Masonite International Response

Jan 7, 2014Director, Global Talent Acquisition and Corporate HR

We are disappointed that you had such a negative experience at Masonite. As you know, the cornerstone of our blueprint is integrity, customer commitment, innovation, teamwork and respect and ... More

Promising

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Masonite International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People, projects, location, Marketing Department and visibility

Cons

Compensation, benefits, expectation for workload and ability to move up in the company

There are newer employer reviews for Masonite International

Worked for Masonite International? Contribute to the Community!