Masonite International

www.masonite.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Masonite International

Great company with great values, I hope to stay here a long time!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Masonite International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Masonite is growing very quickly and since going public, seems to still be offering better career opportunities to their employees. I've been here less than 2 years and have already gotten a promotion into a job that suits my career path perfectly. Individual goals are linked to corporate goals and the whole company is addressed by the CEO frequently so everyone works toward common strategic objectives and knows how we're doing in the market. I've been very happy here and hoping to stay here a long time!

Cons

Growing pains. The industry got hit pretty bad in 2008 or so, and by growing quickly and rebuilding from the recession, it takes time to put some of the pieces back together while adding new pieces at the same time. Also, Masonite is a bit understaffed.

Keep communicating how the company is doing regularly, it helps everyone know how we are stacking up against our competitors.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Masonite International (View Most Recent)

You're definitely going to want to look somewhere else.

Former Employee - Anonymous Cog
    Former Employee - Anonymous Cog

I worked at Masonite International full-time

Pros

- Tampa and Charlotte are beautiful cities. Great weather.
    - You'll find your coworkers hardworking and generally pleasant. One of the best teams I've had the pleasure of working with in terms of talent and comraderie.

Cons

- Leadership is non-existant. In its place, you WILL find a number of people with better titles than you waiting to point fingers when the results of POOR management / planning surface. It's like they have no understanding of the business, inside or out.
    - Seriously, anything VP-level or above is utterly useless in that place.
    - Strategic direction changes direction like a plastic bag in a tornado.
    - Review time...shoot for the middle. It's one of those places where only a couple of people can get a good (non-mediocre) review as a matter of policy. These are reserved for bosses pets.
    - HIGH turnover.
    - There's a definite feeling of us-versus-them. Management and their favorites are "us". You're very probably "them"
    - You'll work hard. You'll go above and beyond. It WON'T be appreciated. Not even a little bit.

You've got talented people working there. Listen to them...even when they say things that you don't want to hear. Egos don't make money.

Masonite International Response

Jan 7, 2014Director, Global Talent Acquisition and Corporate HR

We are disappointed that you had such a negative experience at Masonite. As you know, the cornerstone of our blueprint is integrity, customer commitment, innovation, teamwork and respect and ... More

Exciting time to be at Masonite!

Current Employee - Anonymous Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Masonite International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fresh off a leadership meeting and could not be more excited about working at Masonite. The people and team interaction is fantastic. Leadership is focused on growth and recently aligned the organizational structure in a positive way to support this. Excited about the focus on technology and automation. Masonite just went public and the stock price has held steady. With growth indicators in the housing market being so positive and the strategic direction of the company it's an exciting time to be at Masonite.

Cons

Most functions are short staffed and everyone is really busy. Some view this as bad, however, it really is a great opportunity gain visibility, work on projects that you may not normally have worked on and contribute results.

Sometimes you do an excellent job communicating and sometime your miss the mark. Please continue to be transparent and timely in your communications.

There are newer employer reviews for Masonite International