Masonite International

www.masonite.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Masonite International

Great Employees that care about the company!

Current Employee - Human Resources
Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Masonite International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The team that I work with are outstanding employees. Everyone in my team pitches in when any team member needs help. There is a lot of restructuring taking place right now but hopefully that will help with the flow throughout.

Cons

Workload is heavy. There is not enough support for the facilities from our counterparts at corporate because most departments are running short staffed. Turnover rate is high at corporate. No processes, learn as you go no one to train you because they are learning themselves.

HIRE some temps at corporate at least til you can find good candidates. Create documented processes and training for each position. I had 2 days of training before I was on my own, the rest I have learned by trial and error.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Masonite International (View Most Recent)

Work is overloaded and resources are very tight

Former Employee - Technical Support
    Former Employee - Technical Support

I worked at Masonite International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good 401k match and other benefits

Cons

Employees are stressed out as the hiring has been frozen for the last 2-3 years which causes the other existing employees to work extra without being recognised or rewarded...

Will keep losing your best talent due to your business tactics and will be too late for you to realize this simple fact if you still continue going this path

State of flux - don't get too comfortable

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Masonite International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Masonite is the kind of place where you can make a difference: there is not a lot of red tape. The company has grown rapidly through acquisitions, yet there's a small-company feel. They hire a lot of smart, talented and proven individuals, so you could have a chance to work with some top talent.

Cons

Management changes direction frequently, frantically trying to be profitable. There are layoffs each October, and during particularly bad years, layoffs in the late spring as well. Resources are slim.

The company is owned by several private equity firms, which are having a hard time dealing with the fact that this hasn't been a good investment for them. These owners are working to do what’s necessary to make the company attractive for resale in the short-term. Their primary purpose is to squeeze whatever profits they can out of Masonite, which drives a lot of frenzied cost-cutting behavior that may not serve the company's long-term growth and stability.

There are newer employer reviews for Masonite International