Masonite International

www.masonite.com
  www.masonite.com
There are newer employer reviews for Masonite International

Actually, Fred Lynch is leading the company.

Former Employee - Controller
Former Employee - Controller

I worked at Masonite International

Pros

There is no good reason to work for Masonite. The company has become a complete mess.

Cons

Documentation of procedures are outdated and the employee is supposed to know which apply and which don't. Operations are decentralized with very few business processes centralized. Professional level staff are not properly supported as the locations sometimes are in areas where adequate staffing at the clerical level is difficult (therefore centralization of many processes would improve operations). Plant manager shooting herself in the foot with her HR decisions. Not growing her people. Employees are under-educated and under-motivated to improve their lot in life.

Centralize operations. Standardize across all locations part numbers, product configurations, bill of materials. Oh yea, and support the staff at the operational levels. To expect the Controller to maintain the Bill of Materials at the location level is counterproductive and frusterating considering the systems and staff in place.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Masonite International (View Most Recent)

Funny people garbage management

Former Employee - Labourer in Yarrow, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Labourer in Yarrow, BC (Canada)

I worked at Masonite International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people were awesome and constantly having fun, occasional staff barbeques, 40 hour work week, generally consistent work.

Cons

Management and crew leads overexagerated their importance, we build doors 45/press, not rockets!

Appreciate your assets and we wont just go on a permanent vacation one day

Great Employees that care about the company!

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Masonite International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The team that I work with are outstanding employees. Everyone in my team pitches in when any team member needs help. There is a lot of restructuring taking place right now but hopefully that will help with the flow throughout.

Cons

Workload is heavy. There is not enough support for the facilities from our counterparts at corporate because most departments are running short staffed. Turnover rate is high at corporate. No processes, learn as you go no one to train you because they are learning themselves.

HIRE some temps at corporate at least til you can find good candidates. Create documented processes and training for each position. I had 2 days of training before I was on my own, the rest I have learned by trial and error.

There are newer employer reviews for Masonite International