There are newer employer reviews for Masonite International

Great Leadership - Great Employees! You would want to work here!

I have been working at Masonite International as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Company Leadership truly leads by example...This makes employees want to follow. When Masonite first started out, it was family owned. The environment I work in feels like we are family.

Cons

As an employee, it is obvious that Masonite believes in balancing work and life, however I would like to see an improved vacation policy.

Review the new hire onboarding and training processes for the plants. Employees working in the plant need a better understanding of the benefits of working for Masonite.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Masonite International (View Most Recent)

Information technology

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Masonite International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

they are slowly improving their technology to make everything state-of-the-art. It's a growing process but they are succeeding.

Cons

management decisions are really being driven by the vendors. Management seems to blame their employees when projects or technologies are not meeting standards as stated by the vendors.

if the existing I. T. Staff is not capable of being involved in technology decisions, then perhaps the staff should be replaced. They are the ones that have to make it work. By not involving them in the planning/acquisition stage, you put them in a hole to start when the technology is installed

Constant layoffs have you looking over your shoulder.

I worked at Masonite International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It is a big company with benefits for those few who are lucky enough to get hired on full-time. If you can find a micro-climate to work in that has good leadership the job can be rewarding.

Cons

The only time a majority of the management team was engaged with the full-time employees was when they were laying them off. Mostly staff temporary employees.

Give incentives. Make it a point to talk with your employees and value what they have to offer. Think about hiring more permanent employees and less temps, it will help the overall morale.

There are newer employer reviews for Masonite International

Worked for Masonite International? Contribute to the Community!