There are newer employer reviews for Masonite International

Continuous Improvement

I have been working at Masonite International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company if you want to learn by doing. You get to be directly involved in projects and initiatives that impact the business, and continuous improvement is a core value. CEO and Leadership are down to earth and available. Great talent to work with across the company.

Cons

Challenging industry. There is always a lot of balls in the air so you need to be comfortable with action.

Keep investing in the culture and the talent now that the market is improving.

reviews filtered by
  1. Worst job ever!!!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Masonite International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hard to think of any... I guess my boss is nice, knowledgeable and easy to talk to. A few other people I work with are personable.

Cons

Cheap company, especially at the manufacturing plants; they really stretch their resources too thin. Very disorganized executive team; no planning, no forethought before implementing pretty much anything new. A lot of rude people. No proper training. Slow to respond to employee needs. Bad vacation benefits compared to other companies I have worked for. Basically, if you have a life, a family or a hobby, then run for the hills!!! Work-life balance is a foreign concept at this company. The organizational culture dictates that your time, your life, your mind should revolve 100% around your job. In fact, I'm already looking for a better opportunity myself...

Plan before you act!!! Involve key players in the important decisions. Start with the basics. A house will eventually fall if it is not built on a solid foundation. Quick fixes are more expensive in the long run. One person shouldn't be required to do two or three people's jobs. Don't burn out your most valuable resource!

2. Should have gotten out before I got my 4th boss in four years.

I worked at Masonite International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent money. Decent benefits.

Cons

Upper management is good old boys club. Couldn't lead. Didn't have an innovative bone in their body. No project management skills. Quick to blame subordinates for their own ineptness. Didn't listen. Their motto should have been "Do what I say. Not what I do." If they did listen they never gave you credit. They never admitted once that they were wrong or made mistakes. Their mismanagement of the company cost many good people their jobs. I should have gotten out of there much sooner.

Since upper management is to blame I have no advice for them. I hope they take their options and get out before it's too late.

Masonite International Response

Sep 3, 2014Director, Global Talent Acquisition and Corporate HR

This is disappointing feedback as our well regarded leadership team takes great pride in an open-door policy and corporate wide communication. Masonite maintains an environment of continuous ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Masonite International