There are newer employer reviews for Mass Audubon

Very welcoming place to work

Former Employee - Internship
Former Employee - Internship

I worked at Mass Audubon

Pros

The staff was very close-knit and supportive, particularly as I settled into my first internship. They not only gave me plenty of responsibilities to take on myself, but allowed me many opportunities to learn things myself about the reservation, as well.

Cons

As with many other non-profit organizations, it was not possible to get paid for my work at the reservation. And again, as with many other non-profits, the lines drawn between duties of employees were a little bit blurry, so I was often asked to take on many very different responsibilities--which I saw as a benefit, but might be a downfall to someone who's looking for a well-defined, dependable set of duties.

It might have been interesting to sit in on more of the committee meetings as an intern--in another internship I undertook, I was the note-taker at the meetings, so not only could I learn things from the meetings, but the other employees benefited from my attendance, as well, in that they didn't have to take notes themselves.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Mass Audubon (View Most Recent)

Great intern development

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

I worked at Mass Audubon as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of emphasis on preparing interns for their careers. I felt really supported throughout my time at Mass Audubon and I left feeling prepared for a career in nonprofits and environmental services.

Cons

As with most nonprofits, especially those in the environmental services field, things can get a little disorganized and chaotic since they are understaffed and stretched thin. Interns definitely were assigned a lot of grunt work to handle this, but it was still a great learning experience. I was also only at one of their wildlife sanctuaries, so I cannot speak for the rest.

Program Coordinator

Former Employee - Program Coordinator
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator

I worked at Mass Audubon as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible staff, great people, incredible properties, great mission. This was a job where I was able to spend most of my day out of doors while also getting great professional experience at other points of the week.

Cons

Some unrealistic expectations and lack of a balanced work load but for the most part my manager was very understanding of the needs of myself and my coworkers.

Not too much, keep running a great organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Mass Audubon