Mass Audubon

www.massaudubon.org
There are newer employer reviews for Mass Audubon

Very welcoming place to work

Former Employee - Internship
Former Employee - Internship

I worked at Mass Audubon

Pros

The staff was very close-knit and supportive, particularly as I settled into my first internship. They not only gave me plenty of responsibilities to take on myself, but allowed me many opportunities to learn things myself about the reservation, as well.

Cons

As with many other non-profit organizations, it was not possible to get paid for my work at the reservation. And again, as with many other non-profits, the lines drawn between duties of employees were a little bit blurry, so I was often asked to take on many very different responsibilities--which I saw as a benefit, but might be a downfall to someone who's looking for a well-defined, dependable set of duties.

It might have been interesting to sit in on more of the committee meetings as an intern--in another internship I undertook, I was the note-taker at the meetings, so not only could I learn things from the meetings, but the other employees benefited from my attendance, as well, in that they didn't have to take notes themselves.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Mass Audubon (View Most Recent)

Mass Audubon Very Committed to Conservation and Education

Former Employee - Camp Staff in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Camp Staff in Boston, MA

I worked at Mass Audubon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Mass Audubon is very focused on the two things it does best: conservation and education. Most jobs at Mass Audubon are not in the office and engaging with the outdoors on a daily basis is a perk of its own. Camp Jobs are in a thriving camp environment, where most kids want to learn.

Cons

Jobs mostly seasonal. Mass Audubon is not especially well known even in Massachusetts. They could learn to garner more publicity in order to receive more donations and higher public profile.

Mass Audubon is a very good and fair employer.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Mass Audubon

Pros

You get to work with good people in Mass Audubon. The benefits are quite good.

Cons

It can be difficult to move up in this small organization.

Keep up the good work.