There are newer employer reviews for Mass Audubon

Very welcoming place to work

Former Employee - Internship
Former Employee - Internship

I worked at Mass Audubon

Pros

The staff was very close-knit and supportive, particularly as I settled into my first internship. They not only gave me plenty of responsibilities to take on myself, but allowed me many opportunities to learn things myself about the reservation, as well.

Cons

As with many other non-profit organizations, it was not possible to get paid for my work at the reservation. And again, as with many other non-profits, the lines drawn between duties of employees were a little bit blurry, so I was often asked to take on many very different responsibilities--which I saw as a benefit, but might be a downfall to someone who's looking for a well-defined, dependable set of duties.

It might have been interesting to sit in on more of the committee meetings as an intern--in another internship I undertook, I was the note-taker at the meetings, so not only could I learn things from the meetings, but the other employees benefited from my attendance, as well, in that they didn't have to take notes themselves.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Mass Audubon (View Most Recent)

Program Coordinator

Former Employee - Program Coordinator
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator

I worked at Mass Audubon as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Flexible staff, great people, incredible properties, great mission. This was a job where I was able to spend most of my day out of doors while also getting great professional experience at other points of the week.

Cons

Some unrealistic expectations and lack of a balanced work load but for the most part my manager was very understanding of the needs of myself and my coworkers.

Not too much, keep running a great organization.

Great staff, really dedicated, wonderful properties

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Lincoln, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lincoln, MA

I worked at Mass Audubon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The mission of Mass Audubon. Their beautiful properties. Great staff, really dedicated. Worked there for 8 1/5 years in the Natural History Travel office. Had a great manager.

Cons

Because the salaries aren't high, would be nice if they gave 4 weeks vacation. While I was there, there was a huge reorganization that was tough to go through, as I got reorged along with my manager. We were moved to a much quieter building and a different department, and it was tough to be away from people I really enjoyed being around.

Appreciate the staff and their dedication!

There are newer employer reviews for Mass Audubon

Worked for Mass Audubon? Contribute to the Community!