MassMutual

www.massmutual.com

Used to be a good company to work for...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Enfield, CT

ProsVacation time, 401(K)/Pension plan. Easy access, gym

ConsAfter initial re-org (forgot what they called it -something about "excellence" when top down layoffs started, upper level mgrs were put in roles they were not suited for nor did they take the time to understand. The messsage our area heard was basically- be happy you have a job, and you are all replaceable. This was a company I was in for over 15 years and the plan was to do in daily, do a great job, give 100%+ all the time, and then retire. Well, if you were not the "bosses buddy" that did not happen. Nice company to start with, ended up not a nice company. Focus was only on the bottom dollar.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalent comes in many shapes and forms. Be sure to keep your minds open to understand them, and your eyes open to see them. Reaching the better bottom dollar comes in many ways. Understand that.

A solid place to build your insurance career

Financial Representative (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

I have been working at MassMutual full-time for less than a year

Pros: Freedom and flexibility to choose how you want to build your practice. Excellent support… Cons: There seems to be a lack of training in language for new recruits with contacting prospective clients and communicating… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Underwriter

Underwriter (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

I have been working at MassMutual full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great paying positions at MassMutual Cons: No work and family balance – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MassMutual.

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!