Account Manager Interview

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Springfield, MA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Springfield, MA

I have been working at MassMutual full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leading Insurance provider in Massachusetts. They have a lot of experienced people formally and currently working. They love to help people achieve their retirement goals for the future.

Cons

It's a very big company, which comes with more risk and responsibility. Very limited locations of workplace throughtout massachusetts/conneticut. Very intense competition to go up against for same position.

Other Reviews for MassMutual

Very positive organization that works with the sales team

Current Employee - Financial Services Professional  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MassMutual full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

as a field agent, I feel like the company works for me. It is nice to feel like they understand how challenging my career is and really work with the sales team.

Cons

not a lot of assistance with capital investments. It is very hard to continue to grow, because every dollar is out of your own pocket.

retention isn't that tough, just takes money

Shady Recruiting Practices

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative  in  Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Springfield, MA

I worked at MassMutual as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Good compensation if you produce, friendly work environment

Cons

When they recruit new sales representatives, they give you the impression that as long as you are licensed, they will immediately get you on board to sell their products. My managing associate was slow in beginning the process and made you wait a couple weeks before he could get a list of 200 prospects, and another interview with you. Overall their recruiting is shady, because they do not tell you all of what is required to produce for them, they just tell you "All you need is your license and its all good". They also don't tell you about the semi-mandatory training classes that are completely unpaid and are three times a week. I was only told about the importance of these training classes, after I had gone through the licensing requirements. They also don't tell you that unpaid training is expected for over 1 year, in the interview process the impression is that training is only a few week thing, and from there your mentor will give you flexible one-on-one time.

Be more transparent about what the job entails, and don't give recruits the impression that they are completely free and independent, they are still being held down by company policies.

There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual.

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!