There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual

Wont' give money back after being laid off

Current Employee - Material Handler  in  Vonore, TN
Current Employee - Material Handler in Vonore, TN

I have been working at MassMutual as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

None, to share. They are eating up my money.

Cons

Refuses to give money back, when I no longer work there and has no corporate number to call.

Give your number to your customers so that problems with monies owed can be refered to.

301 Other Employee Reviews for MassMutual (View Most Recent)

Used to be a good company to work for...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Enfield, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT

I worked at MassMutual full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Vacation time, 401(K)/Pension plan. Easy access, gym

Cons

After initial re-org (forgot what they called it -something about "excellence" when top down layoffs started, upper level mgrs were put in roles they were not suited for nor did they take the time to understand. The messsage our area heard was basically- be happy you have a job, and you are all replaceable. This was a company I was in for over 15 years and the plan was to do in daily, do a great job, give 100%+ all the time, and then retire. Well, if you were not the "bosses buddy" that did not happen. Nice company to start with, ended up not a nice company. Focus was only on the bottom dollar.

Talent comes in many shapes and forms. Be sure to keep your minds open to understand them, and your eyes open to see them. Reaching the better bottom dollar comes in many ways. Understand that.

A solid place to build your insurance career

Current Employee - Financial Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at MassMutual full-time for less than a year

Pros

Freedom and flexibility to choose how you want to build your practice. Excellent support with product knowledge and access to information. Excellent products to provide to your clients.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of training in language for new recruits with contacting prospective clients and communicating the goals of their relationship. Commission only position, but some financing is available to people new to the industry.

There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!