There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual

Shocked Mass Mutual Would Ruin Their Name by Not Paying Employees!

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Clifton, NJ
Current Employee - Sales Agent in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at MassMutual full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any pros

Cons

Worked there for 3 months, was charged mega fees for E&O insurance and was not even paid minimum wage! My take home for 3 Months of 40 hour weeks came out to $401.00 for the whole 3 months! That is less than 89-cents per hour! $401.00 was on 12 submitted applications. They ruined my life by lying to me that I would double my income by quitting my 70k job and going with them. . On top of that, they disputed my unemployment claim, claiming that I was an independent contractor....yet the ad I answered for the job said "employee" 4 times in it, and "independent contractor ZERO times. I lost at least $35,000.00 so far by believing their lies! And my family is struggling.

Advice to Management

Treat employees the way you would want your family to be treated in the work force.

Other Employee Reviews for MassMutual

1. Shady Recruiting Practices

Former Contractor - Financial Services Representative in Springfield, MA
    Former Contractor - Financial Services Representative in Springfield, MA

I worked at MassMutual as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good compensation if you produce, friendly work environment

Cons

When they recruit new sales representatives, they give you the impression that as long as you are licensed, they will immediately get you on board to sell their products. My managing associate was slow in beginning the process and made you wait a couple weeks before he could get a list of 200 prospects, and another interview with you. Overall their recruiting is shady, because they do not tell you all of what is required to produce for them, they just tell you "All you need is your license and its all good". They also don't tell you about the semi-mandatory training classes that are completely unpaid and are three times a week. I was only told about the importance of these training classes, after I had gone through the licensing requirements. They also don't tell you that unpaid training is expected for over 1 year, in the interview process the impression is that training is only a few week thing, and from there your mentor will give you flexible one-on-one time.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about what the job entails, and don't give recruits the impression that they are completely free and independent, they are still being held down by company policies.

2. Wont' give money back after being laid off

Current Contractor - Material Handler in Vonore, TN
    Current Contractor - Material Handler in Vonore, TN

I have been working at MassMutual as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, to share. They are eating up my money.

Cons

Refuses to give money back, when I no longer work there and has no corporate number to call.

Advice to Management

Give your number to your customers so that problems with monies owed can be refered to.