MassMutual

There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual

Rewarding

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MassMutual full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This industry feels great. I've had the pleasure of experiencing grateful clients. When I interviewed, they told me about how great it feels to be able to help someone's financial life. When I was able to do it myself, I then understood what they meant. To be able to work at a place where I can help people makes my job much more meaningful. As for the company itself, great support and training. They have a really good structure that caters to a flexible lifestyle. The people are really great here too. I feel like I can trust those around me and enjoy ourselves after work too.

Cons

Getting rejected when prospecting. I've gotten somewhat use to people saying no. I realized after several rejections that I should not take it personal. They just may not want me as their Advisor. However, I'm human, and it still stings to have someone say no to me. Unfortunately I had to leave because I had to move to New York

Don't hire people who are looking to work at a big corporate company name like MassMutual. This isn't for people who just want to boost their resume. I think this is really a job for those who want to do this so that they can make a lot of money and own their own business. I really do want to own my own business one day.

340 Other Employee Reviews for MassMutual (View Most Recent)

One of the best in the insurance industry.

Current Employee - Agent in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Agent in Portland, OR

I have been working at MassMutual full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for wonderful professional development support, this is the place to work. The education is also the best. The company flies out wholesalers that specialize in different products to help you better understand everything there is to know about insurance.

Cons

The learning curve is extremely large. It'll take you awhile to become great. It can be frustrating for a very long time if you are not comfortable with intentional failure.

Great place to have a career!

I have been working at MassMutual

Pros

Flexibility
    It you get what you put in.
    High income potential
    Great Retirement plan
    Meet many new people
    Work with a great team
    Strong company with over 100 years of great history

Cons

Commission
    Sales cycle can be lengthy

There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual