MassMutual
www.massmutual.com Springfield, MA 5000+ Employees

Top Notch Insurance Company

Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsExcellent products. High ethical standards. Excellent brand recognition. As with any sales position, you efforts will determine what you earn. No limit on what you can do.

ConsSince each office is operated by an independent General Agent, culture, training, staffing, etc can be very different from office to office. Administrative staff is paid by each GA, not the home office. GAs tend to be tight fisted with salaries and it can be reflected in quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in quality staff.

Poor Management, Poor Ethics

Recruting Director (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

I worked at MassMutual as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Good pay, enjoyed my role/position Cons: Unethical owner, poorly run organization, high turnover Advice to Senior Management: Bait and switch is no way to run an organization… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good people. Flexible work environment. Informative training

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MassMutual full-time for less than a year

Pros: This is a fun place to work at. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of hard work. However, the people are good… Cons: This is a tough one to figure out, but I think that because the office is a very entrepreneurial environment, some people take advantage of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MassMutual.

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MassMutual reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MassMutual CEO Roger W. Crandall. All reviews posted anonymously by MassMutual employees.