MassMutual

www.massmutual.com

MassMutual provides the tools/support necessary to be a sole proprietor in the financial services industry

Financial Services Professional (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsMassMutual provides solid training and sales support for those new to the industry and for those just looking for a change. MassMutual houses extremely competitive products backed by a highly rated company. In addition to their own products, you are also provided the freedom to sell a myriad of prodcuts from other companies.

ConsCareer contracts provide incentives to sell MassMutual products over outside carriers that you have access to. This is not necessarily a bad thing since most of their products are at or near the top in the industry across the board, but their products are not a fit for certain scenarios. Basically, in order to keep benefits and reach incentive goals....you must sell certain minimums of MassMutual products. This can be difficult at times.

It is extremely difficult to survive and/or succeed in this industry in general. Not necessarily con for MassMutual specifically, but be aware that it is very difficult and requires cold calling and strong networking skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more flexible career contracts. Offer a small base salary or at the very least do not charge agents rent if they do not hit certain sales figures in the first year of their contract.

Good Company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MassMutual full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good Company to work for. Cons: Employees feel that the management do not listen to them. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Run and Hide

Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at MassMutual full-time for more than a year

Pros: Met some nice people and thats it, Cons: Place is run like a puppy mill,They charge for phone calls,business cards,envelopes and a desk fee.They make you work with a partner who takes half… Advice to Senior Management: Get out of your office and help people. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MassMutual.

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!