MassMutual

www.massmutual.com

Good company, but limited opportunities & pay in satellite office

Registered Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsDecent benefits, my direct manager is great. Any reasonable request, such as personal days, is fulfilled. Several people have come here when they get pregnant, get paid maternity leave, then resign once the baby has dropped out.

ConsIF you are in the Memphis office, opportunities are limited to just the occasional back office role. Salary is good if you're content with being middle class. A lot of coworkers seem to be that way.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not really a problem with local mgmt, as they have been great. Home office needs to start offering more positions in Memphis if they want to recruit and retain talent. Most of the smarter people I started with have accepted offers with other companies less than a year after hire.

Good company, limited opportunity.

Manager (Current Employee) Springfield, MA

I have been working at MassMutual full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexible work schedules. Excellent work / life balance. Great people. … Cons: Opportunities for upward growth and mobility are limited and the organizational politics are considerably difficult to navigate.… Advice to Senior Management: The best way to fix culture is from the top down.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Top Notch Insurance Company

Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MassMutual full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent products. High ethical standards. Excellent brand recognition. As with any sales position,… Cons: Since each office is operated by an independent General Agent, culture, training, staffing, etc can be very different from office to office. Administrative staff… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in quality staff. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MassMutual.

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!