There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual

Poor Management, Poor Ethics

Former Employee - Recruting Director  in  Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Recruting Director in Rochester, NY

I worked at MassMutual as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, enjoyed my role/position

Cons

Unethical owner, poorly run organization, high turnover

Bait and switch is no way to run an organization - live up to your words and standards.

299 Other Employee Reviews for MassMutual (View Most Recent)

Good company, limited opportunity.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MA

I have been working at MassMutual full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible work schedules. Excellent work / life balance. Great people. Rewarding work environment with the flexibility to take on additional responsibilities to build skills.

Cons

Opportunities for upward growth and mobility are limited and the organizational politics are considerably difficult to navigate. In many areas the leadership has trouble making decisions and the culture can be very self-serving.

The best way to fix culture is from the top down. Process does not fix cultural issues like trust and communication.

Rewarding

Former Employee - Financial Advisor  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MassMutual full-time for more than a year

Pros

This industry feels great. I've had the pleasure of experiencing grateful clients. When I interviewed, they told me about how great it feels to be able to help someone's financial life. When I was able to do it myself, I then understood what they meant. To be able to work at a place where I can help people makes my job much more meaningful. As for the company itself, great support and training. They have a really good structure that caters to a flexible lifestyle. The people are really great here too. I feel like I can trust those around me and enjoy ourselves after work too.

Cons

Getting rejected when prospecting. I've gotten somewhat use to people saying no. I realized after several rejections that I should not take it personal. They just may not want me as their Advisor. However, I'm human, and it still stings to have someone say no to me. Unfortunately I had to leave because I had to move to New York

Don't hire people who are looking to work at a big corporate company name like MassMutual. This isn't for people who just want to boost their resume. I think this is really a job for those who want to do this so that they can make a lot of money and own their own business. I really do want to own my own business one day.

There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!