MassMutual

www.massmutual.com
There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual

Stable, conservative, great for workaholics

Former Employee - Quantitative Specialist in Springfield, MA
Former Employee - Quantitative Specialist in Springfield, MA

I worked at MassMutual full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, nice home office amenities like fitness center, awesome cafeteria, credit union, dry cleaners, etc. I had the very best in computer equipment including two monitors.

Cons

Lousy benefits. Police state culture: they take security to the extreme. Sometimes when they do layoffs they just walk people out without letting them say goodbye or letting them pack up their own stuff even if they did nothing wrong and just aren't needed anymore. Some employees are openly racist. (Controllers and Corp Planning) but management makes a real attempt to support minority ethnic groups. The Springfield office is in an African American neighborhood but most Blacks I saw there worked in the cafeteria. There were a few in my division, and I saw other individuals be disrespectful toward them. (This really disgusted me) The new CEO is from investment banking, not insurance and he is heartless. The company only exists to enrich the 1%. With this new CEO they don't even pretend to care about anyone else. U.S. economy tanking? Now problem, we'll sell to Japan and China.

Treat employees with respect! Treat them like human beings! Give employees more of a voice. There is some amazing talent there. Do more to help the city of Springfield, you owe them that much for being your home.

340 Other Employee Reviews for MassMutual (View Most Recent)

advisor

Current Employee - Advisor in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Advisor in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at MassMutual full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible and allows you to create your own schedule. YOu can specialize in what you enjoy doing most

Cons

always fearful of failing, difficult to maintain a steady income and predict what you will make. it is tough to do this job with a family

more help prospecting and developing a market

great company..very professional. great benefits

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative

I worked at MassMutual full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

quality people who care about service and excellence

Cons

company is huge..easy to get lost

There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual