MassMutual

www.massmutual.com

Stable, conservative, great for workaholics

Quantitative Specialist (Former Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsGood pay, nice home office amenities like fitness center, awesome cafeteria, credit union, dry cleaners, etc. I had the very best in computer equipment including two monitors.

ConsLousy benefits. Police state culture: they take security to the extreme. Sometimes when they do layoffs they just walk people out without letting them say goodbye or letting them pack up their own stuff even if they did nothing wrong and just aren't needed anymore. Some employees are openly racist. (Controllers and Corp Planning) but management makes a real attempt to support minority ethnic groups. The Springfield office is in an African American neighborhood but most Blacks I saw there worked in the cafeteria. There were a few in my division, and I saw other individuals be disrespectful toward them. (This really disgusted me) The new CEO is from investment banking, not insurance and he is heartless. The company only exists to enrich the 1%. With this new CEO they don't even pretend to care about anyone else. U.S. economy tanking? Now problem, we'll sell to Japan and China.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect! Treat them like human beings! Give employees more of a voice. There is some amazing talent there. Do more to help the city of Springfield, you owe them that much for being your home.

I ended up paying too much money for the ability to work there. This job was too expensive.

Financial Services Professional (Former Employee)

I worked at MassMutual full-time

Pros: Friendly people, on the job sales training, well known name, fun incentive… Cons: Commission only pay, not enough training for the type of product you are selling, you have to pay them to rent your desk space,… Advice to Senior Management: While I understand that it is a tough industry to get into, I think that the structure of the company creates a "car sales person"… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

great company..very professional. great benefits

Financial Services Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at MassMutual full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: quality people who care about service and excellence Cons: company is huge..easy to get lost More
There are newer reviews on MassMutual.

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!