There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual

advisor

Current Employee - Advisor  in  Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - Advisor in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at MassMutual full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible and allows you to create your own schedule. YOu can specialize in what you enjoy doing most

Cons

always fearful of failing, difficult to maintain a steady income and predict what you will make. it is tough to do this job with a family

more help prospecting and developing a market

301 Other Employee Reviews for MassMutual (View Most Recent)

I ended up paying too much money for the ability to work there. This job was too expensive.

Former Employee - Financial Services Professional
    Former Employee - Financial Services Professional

I worked at MassMutual full-time

Pros

Friendly people, on the job sales training, well known name, fun incentive set-up, professional looking office, one-on-one help from management, large teams to offer support

Cons

Commission only pay, not enough training for the type of product you are selling, you have to pay them to rent your desk space, you pay them for your parking space, the typical person does not make enough money in the first year to cover bills and basic living expenses.

While I understand that it is a tough industry to get into, I think that the structure of the company creates a "car sales person" atmosphere. There are insurance and investment companies that create an apprenticeship type learning program to help prepare future advisors to actually be beneficial to customers. This includes an actual salary.

Good company, but limited opportunities & pay in satellite office

Current Employee - Registered Customer Service Representative  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Registered Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at MassMutual full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits, my direct manager is great. Any reasonable request, such as personal days, is fulfilled. Several people have come here when they get pregnant, get paid maternity leave, then resign once the baby has dropped out.

Cons

IF you are in the Memphis office, opportunities are limited to just the occasional back office role. Salary is good if you're content with being middle class. A lot of coworkers seem to be that way.

It's not really a problem with local mgmt, as they have been great. Home office needs to start offering more positions in Memphis if they want to recruit and retain talent. Most of the smarter people I started with have accepted offers with other companies less than a year after hire.

There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!