A learning experience

I worked at MassMutual

Pros

Mass Mutual of Silicon Valley is a good place to get you feet wet in the sales world. They have a great training program

Cons

They try to convince you that success relies in making friends and family become your clients.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very good to very bad

Former Contractor - Financial Services Representative in Stamford, CT
    Former Contractor - Financial Services Representative in Stamford, CT

I worked at MassMutual as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very Good company great products good marketing and education

Cons

manager was promoted, and new manager was not proactive in getting my business pushed through and issued 4 to 5 meetings on the same cases which were good cases

Advice to Management

4 weeks is a long time to get good business issued and paid, I don't blame the company but the agency manager that was assigned to me I cannot speak for others but that was my experience and I was not the first to leave I tried to hang in there, but it was bad

Financial Services Representative

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at MassMutual full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good leaders, good company name recognition amongst consumers, good trips provided for those with big sales numbers, good balance between work and outside life.

Cons

No salary, MUST know lots of potential buyers going into the business, no leads given, not enough sales training, sales managers aren't particularly accessible to the people they work with (they're often out on their own meetings trying to make sales).

Advice to Management

Give your representatives leads to call, fix things sooner (this agency went without a General Agent for about 3 months), do more sales training, create a less stuffy and "generic corporate" atmosphere.