MassMutual

www.massmutual.com
  www.massmutual.com
There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual

Internship at MassMutual

I have been working at MassMutual as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

First off, it's important to note that I'm interning at one of the company's headquarters, so the general agent and his producers are even more motivated to maintain a pristine reputation. My sales manager was in the Freshman Five and does very well for himself, so I am to have been taken under his wing. I haven't done a single cold call. I've only tapped into my natural market a bit just to realize that I would be making my first commissions in a month.

I'm personally very satisfied with this internship because this career path and the agency are a great fit for me. I'm business savvy; I know how to always get a "yes." I have an economics background. Obviously this is an anonymous review, so my identity is irrelevant. My point is that you sink or swim at this company and in this industry. If you do well at all, you're sitting pretty. Anyone who does well at my headquarters all possess the same characteristics. Reviewers on this site will list "little guidance and direction" as cons, but that's the nature of the beast. Agents are just vessels. To be successful, you have to possess the know-how to gain clients and sell products without much direction.

Cons

If you're not entrepreneurial, then this is not the right career path for you. There is great training for product information and sales skills; there is no training for the ability to do it.

Maybe increase agent commissions? ;)

326 Other Employee Reviews for MassMutual (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual