Massachusetts General Hospital

Top notch

Current Employee - Physician in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Physician in Boston, MA

I have been working at Massachusetts General Hospital

Pros

A great launching pad, mid career can be a bit tough as there is a very top heavy nature to the organization.

Cons

As above, can be a bit hard to move up the ladder in mid career as senior management have great jobs and don't want to leave.

Work on mid level compensation a bit. You've done a nice job building brand name and new buildings; time to give back a little to the employees.

221 Other Employee Reviews for Massachusetts General Hospital (View Most Recent)

Patient Care Coordinator

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Boston, MA

I worked at Massachusetts General Hospital

Pros

Helping Patients get well. The personal satisfaction of watching patients be treated by compassionate, brilliant doctors with cutting edge treatments, who save their life.

Cons

Working with insurance companies who often deny these life-saving procedures because of bureaucracy and a medical system in it for profit. The layers of management and "proper procedure" are ridiculous!!

Don't just listen to employees and patients "HEAR" them!! Walk a mile in our shoes before you chastise us for "bending the rules"!

I'm proud to work at MGH.

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Boston, MA

I have been working at Massachusetts General Hospital

Pros

Massachusetts General Hospital provides good enough salary, considering that postdoctoral fellows are very underpaid in many other institutions. I also like to have an opportunity to collaborate with other researchers in the Broad institute and the Harvard Medical School. Supervisors are great, and they are really the leading scientists or physicians in the area. It gives you really an impact for your long term career. Another good thing about working at Massachusetts General Hospital is a good benefit package. It includes dental, vision, health, and care. So, you don't need to worry about those issues.

Cons

No Child Care Benefit !!!!
    More support for research scientists.

More support for research scientists.

There are newer employer reviews for Massachusetts General Hospital