Massage Envy

www.massageenvy.com
  www.massageenvy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Massage Envy

If you are new to the industry, this in an ok place to start.

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You don't have to worry about marketing or any other business overhead, as the company does this for you. Wonderful opportunity to get plenty of table time to hone your massageskills and learn how to build client retention skills.

Cons

Corporate mentality is that the therapist is the least important part of the business model. A corporate trainer at a recent training seminar was quoted as saying "All massage therapists are whiny crybabies. You will never make them happy, so you should just ignore their requests." This is at the CORPORATE level...... This is what the corporation teaches the owners and management. Why would a respectable therapist want to be a part of a company that sees their greatest assets as a nuisance?

Realize that the business has grown DESPITE the opinion of senior management. Client retention and new client sales are because of quality THERAPISTS.....The sale happens in the massage room, not at the front desk.

531 Other Employee Reviews for Massage Envy (View Most Recent)

Efficient, structured, predictable

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being a therapist at Massage Envy is much less stressful to me than trying to make it on my own as a massage therapist. They book all your appointments for you, provide all your sheets, pillows, and lotion/oil/cream. It really allows you to just show up, do your job and leave work at work at the end of the day. It's a low stress job.

Cons

Compensation is the same whether you're doing deep tissue work, a hot stone massage, or a swedish massage. Also, therapists can't use any tools, which I understand from a litigation standpoint (you don't want therapists using tools they're not trained for and end up hurting someone) but tools are one way we prevent carpal tunnel and burnout and it would be nice to have that option.

Sales Associates are horribly underpaid.

As it stands, I have no motivation to go through ME's training for hot stone or prenatal massage, because it's a lot of free work with no added pay once you're trained. But I would get certified in both if it meant a boost in pay.

Great place to start as a Massage Therapist, but little career growth

Current Employee - Certified Massage Therapist
    Current Employee - Certified Massage Therapist

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong business and marketing by company brings in steady business and clients.
    Very well-run business and policies to protect both employees and clients.

Cons

Pay is average for industry but limited due to pricing to clients.

Add in some more incentives to employees to encourage outstanding performance to clinic and to clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Massage Envy