Massage Envy

There are newer employer reviews for Massage Envy

Good for experience

Current Employee - LMP
Current Employee - LMP

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have had an overall positive experience working with this company. It is relatively easy to get hired, and you work with a lot of clients each day, so it is a good way to build experience right out of school. Monthly review encourages you in what you are doing well in addition to figuring out what you can do better. Pretty easy to get time off and a fairly flexible schedule.

Cons

Very high turnover. Have worked there two years and have been through three changes of management. Many therapists don't stay more than a year. Very little opportunity for advancement and the pay is low. I trained to be a Spa Specialist, and have no opportunity to use those skills. Despite having 24 hours of training in hot stone massage, I cannot do hot stone there unless I take their 16 hour course.

608 Other Employee Reviews for Massage Envy (View Most Recent)

Front desk

Former Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate

I worked at Massage Envy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The hourly pay+commission is good if you are passionate about selling. Flexible hours. You get to build relationships with the clients.

Cons

A lot of the massage therapists were extremely unprofessional. Many of them were fresh out of school and they wouldn't show up for shifts, always want to leave early...etc. which put the front desk in very stressful situations.

Sucks..

Current Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good for people who want an easy job

Cons

no benefits, no paid time off, obligated to sell their products.

I trained for a while, the training isn't even good. It is RIDICULOUS how I had 3 interviews before I even got hired... They make you memorize a script, they told me i HAD to sell or reach a certain goal for selling their product otherwise I would get TERMINated. I want a stable job i have bills to pay. I left the job because i didn't want to work here having to go to work thinking "if i don't sell I'm fired!". I had so many customer complaints, and this company just wants your money. Its a scam.. I applied thinking it was a good start for as a receptionist in order to advance in a medical receptionist. Overall i recommend not to buy the memberships or even apply here. A waste of time. The staff was only good for one thing and that was gossiping.

There are newer employer reviews for Massage Envy