Good for experience

Current Employee - LMP
Current Employee - LMP

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have had an overall positive experience working with this company. It is relatively easy to get hired, and you work with a lot of clients each day, so it is a good way to build experience right out of school. Monthly review encourages you in what you are doing well in addition to figuring out what you can do better. Pretty easy to get time off and a fairly flexible schedule.

Cons

Very high turnover. Have worked there two years and have been through three changes of management. Many therapists don't stay more than a year. Very little opportunity for advancement and the pay is low. I trained to be a Spa Specialist, and have no opportunity to use those skills. Despite having 24 hours of training in hot stone massage, I cannot do hot stone there unless I take their 16 hour course.

Other Employee Reviews for Massage Envy

1. The McDonald's of Massage

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The hours are short and holidays the establishment is closed.

Cons

They have no accountability. Raises are few and far between. Management is rude and unprofessional. They don't care about the employees.

Advice to Management

Realize it is the massage therapist that pay your salaries. Give them good health insurance. Maternity leave should be paid and given without question. All work performed online and or meetings need to be paid.

Front desk

Former Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate

I worked at Massage Envy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hourly pay+commission is good if you are passionate about selling. Flexible hours. You get to build relationships with the clients.

Cons

A lot of the massage therapists were extremely unprofessional. Many of them were fresh out of school and they wouldn't show up for shifts, always want to leave early...etc. which put the front desk in very stressful situations.