About Mastech

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Mastech

Pros

Decent benefits. Pay on time. Decent immigration dept.

Cons

Layoff when the project gets over.

Improve the marketing department.. Dont always put shareholders as the top priority and treat employees well.

Other Reviews for Mastech

Hard work

Current Employee - Technician  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mastech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full benefits in 30 days of employment, 75.00 boot pay annually, provides tools, paid training

Cons

Not enough money for paid training. Have to provide yoyr own drill

Paid training: Pay should be more hourly

Refused to Pay Final Invoice

Former Employee - Ruby On Rails Developer
    Former Employee - Ruby On Rails Developer

I worked at Mastech as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Paid as promised so long as there were no problems.

Cons

Mastech was the payer of record for a remote contract obtained through a consulting firm. After about six weeks the actual client called Mastech to can me because of their problems integrating a remote worker. The Mastech agent then called me to express concerns, but did not tell me I had been terminated. (He later explained that he was trying to salvage the relationship.) The very next day I called the client, and _he_ did not mention that I was canned. (Too chicken?) So I worked a few more days, until I got a formal stop work order.

When I presented my last timesheet, the client refused to sign it (legitimately so since it was for work performed after they had terminated me with Mastech.) When I asked Mastech to pay up, my contact said that the president had refused to approve this, since the $1,000+ payment would eat up all their profit from the arrangement. (What a great excuse!)

There was an email/phone foofaraw extending over several months, with me teeing off the end client in the process. Finally, the consulting firm that presented me to the client stepped up to do the right thing and paid me, even though they had no legal obligation to do so.

Mastech is probably not worse than many other agencies -- I just happened to find out the limits of their integrity.

Gas up on integrity!

There are newer employer reviews for Mastech.

Worked for Mastech? Contribute to the Community!