Mastech

www.mastech.com
  www.mastech.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mastech

A good team to work with

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Walnut Creek, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Mastech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been working with Mastech since 2 years now as a full time employee and I'm a H1b candidate.
They been very transparent and accommodate so far.
I'm not very good at writing so I'll list out the positive and negative things that happened in my case so far and bear with my broken language.
1- Dedicated resource for different parts of administration (like HR, Payroll, Recruitment, Marketing, legal, bench management) and not like small consulting companies where a single person plays all the role.
2- Matured and prompt HR process and is well communicated, no surprises.
3- payment never missed its date and is prompt, occasionally it even gets cleared a day before in your account. I say this past experience and this last 2 years.
4- Benefits are not the best but on par with the industry. Employer participation is there in insurance payment. I have to pay $400 out of my pocket every month, but that is better to other companies.
5- My project got over a week before and I'm looking for new position, But they are paying me on bench, this is my 2nd week and they are working with me to find a local project in CA.
6- I requested not to relocate, and find a local project, they are patiently helping me and letting me find a project in local of my choice and are working with me in the same case.
7- You get 18 paid holidays (Including personal, vacation and holidays)

Cons

1- Though it is like a full time, it is really a consulting job. Your work life is purely based on the client you find and how flexible they are.
2- They don't have a very good direct client base in Bay Area (At-least that is what I know because I have tried only in bay area, I can't comment on other locations). It is very hard to find a project through them and you will have to market yourself.
3- They may be working on High margin, so the chances of you finding a project gets difficult, mainly because of the high rates.

Please get your marketing team stronger and work with clients to get their goals accomplished so that you will have more direct client on your portfolio and will give boost the confidence of consultants working with you and wont let them wander in streets in search of a job.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Mastech (View Most Recent)

Good company

I have been working at Mastech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work, great work environment

Cons

Relocation based on client needs.

Software Engineer

I have been working at Mastech

Pros

Policies, Management and HR team

Cons

None at this moment of time.

There are newer employer reviews for Mastech