Mastech

www.mastech.com

A good team to work with

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Walnut Creek, CA

ProsI've been working with Mastech since 2 years now as a full time employee and I'm a H1b candidate.
They been very transparent and accommodate so far.
I'm not very good at writing so I'll list out the positive and negative things that happened in my case so far and bear with my broken language.
1- Dedicated resource for different parts of administration (like HR, Payroll, Recruitment, Marketing, legal, bench management) and not like small consulting companies where a single person plays all the role.
2- Matured and prompt HR process and is well communicated, no surprises.
3- payment never missed its date and is prompt, occasionally it even gets cleared a day before in your account. I say this past experience and this last 2 years.
4- Benefits are not the best but on par with the industry. Employer participation is there in insurance payment. I have to pay $400 out of my pocket every month, but that is better to other companies.
5- My project got over a week before and I'm looking for new position, But they are paying me on bench, this is my 2nd week and they are working with me to find a local project in CA.
6- I requested not to relocate, and find a local project, they are patiently helping me and letting me find a project in local of my choice and are working with me in the same case.
7- You get 18 paid holidays (Including personal, vacation and holidays)

Cons1- Though it is like a full time, it is really a consulting job. Your work life is purely based on the client you find and how flexible they are.
2- They don't have a very good direct client base in Bay Area (At-least that is what I know because I have tried only in bay area, I can't comment on other locations). It is very hard to find a project through them and you will have to market yourself.
3- They may be working on High margin, so the chances of you finding a project gets difficult, mainly because of the high rates.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get your marketing team stronger and work with clients to get their goals accomplished so that you will have more direct client on your portfolio and will give boost the confidence of consultants working with you and wont let them wander in streets in search of a job.

Good company

I have been working at Mastech full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible work, great work environment Cons: Relocation based on client needs. More

Great Company Prior to 2001

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Mastech

Pros: Then: Had the best resources (IIT grads) in the 1990's Cons: Now: Pull resumes off job boards and sends them over… Advice to Senior Management: Too late. Mastech should have been bigger than TEK… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Mastech.

Worked for Mastech? Contribute to the Community!