MasterCard

www.mastercard.com

A Successful Company Intent on Changing Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Purchase, NY

ProsGreat People - wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, very approachable
Work/Life Balance - Plenty of paid time off, ability to take community service days
Company is Small - Greater responsibilities up front, wide scope
Industry Impact - MasterCard doesn't just work in an industry; it is part of a few that control it. The industry is constantly changing, though, so constant learning is available.
Variety of Work - Not just within a role, there are a very wide variety of roles in the company, allowing employees to transfer laterally.
Campus - Purchase is a beautiful area, and the HQ campus is no exception.
Reputation and Brand - Working for a globally renowned brand? Priceless.

ConsCulture is Still Changing - Some people still act in silos, sometimes making work redundant or difficult. Still, have pool table, ping pong table, etc.
Company is Small - Sometimes there is lack of clear responsibility division.
Slow to Action - For a such a relatively small company, MasterCard seems to be slow to adapt to the changing payments landscaping.

Advice to Senior ManagementAjay's passion, vision, and rallying call isn't translated down the ranks very well. We are confronted with the idea that there we are in a "war on cash," but the value of that isn't described. It affects internal productivity, retention, and recruiting. If we really want to have the persona, work, and status of one of the top payments technology payments companies in the world (which we are) then management MUST make that clear in words and action.

HR must establish a clear career path for younger employees.

All was good

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at MasterCard full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: balance between work and home is promoted Cons: can be stressful environment at times Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

MasterCard IPS: a great team and an industry leader.

Business Leader (Current Employee) Purchase, NY

I have been working at MasterCard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: MasterCard has evolved quite a bit since its IPO in 2006. Bottom line, it's a fantastic place to work, with exceptional opportunities and more… Cons: I'm finding it difficult to come up with a 'con' for MasterCard or MasterCard… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Your efforts are obviously… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MasterCard.

Worked for MasterCard? Contribute to the Community!