There are newer employer reviews for MasterCard

Good company to work for excellent benefits

Former Employee - Leader
Former Employee - Leader

I worked at MasterCard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Mostly very good hard working people. Depending on your role and the people you work with it is a great place to work.

Cons

Too much political wrangling. As in all large organizations the person you work for can make all the difference. Management can make it very difficult for you to advance if they want too which needs to change if they want to keep quality individuals.

Ensure your employees have a real chance for moving throughout the company and remove barriers that allow current managers to stop that movement

reviews filtered by
  1. MasterCard Intern

Former Employee - MasterCard Intern in Purchase, NY
    Former Employee - MasterCard Intern in Purchase, NY

I worked at MasterCard full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company is extremely accessible, pay is great, wonderful work-life balance, and the program is very structured program. A great company to gain experience and meet new people. HR generally does a really great job at placing interns with teams.

Cons

It is very difficult for interns to receive a return offer just because MasterCard is very particular on who they bring back. Probabilities of getting return offers from big name tech or consulting companies is much higher than getting a return offer from MasterCard. ]

2. Summer Internship

Former Intern - Emerging Payments Inter - Mobile Money in Purchase, NY
    Former Intern - Emerging Payments Inter - Mobile Money in Purchase, NY

I worked at MasterCard as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

interned there for a summer. they have a very good internship program that is well structured and provided us with lots of opportunities to get involved. During my stay people were very welcoming and helpful. The work place is extremely diverse by age, gender, and race. Company values work life balance. I had a great time and learnt a lot during my stay there.

Cons

smaller than visa with fewer resources. if you work at HQ in purchase commute from NYC is lengthy.

Should have a better orientation and training session for new employees to really teach them in a classroom environment everything about MasterCard

There are newer employer reviews for MasterCard