MasterCard

www.mastercard.com

MasterCard is on the move with new technology, innovation and thought leadership!

Business Leader (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe life-work balance is wonderful. Everyone pulls together to make things happen and we all take personal pride in quality work. Quality work is usually compenstated for in multiple ways. Truly a global company.

ConsUpper level management changes too frequently, causing confusion and lack of consistency. Probably like most companies there are some bad seeds in the group that talk out of both sides of their mouth, play favorites and are in it for themselves. NY employees are not flexible in the culturaly differences. Too many opinions and performance reviews based on hear say.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider spending a little more money on simple technology enhancements that support day to day operations, in the long run employees will be more effecient (saving money) and customers will be happier.

Employees still feel that they have no place to go in fear of retaliation. HR recently sat on a phone call un-announced for an hour; very sneaky. I have no trust in the process or the department.

Consider implementing a process for escalating business decisions that are "stuck in the mud" with their existing management.

Financially well-run; Needs to accelerate time to market for product innovation

I have been working at MasterCard full-time

Pros: I like the fact that the company is addressing key competitive factors and working hard to overcome the legacy and… Cons: -Managers lack the skills and leadership to motivate people; yet are rewarded in a vacuum -New managers who have been hired with "badge" value… Advice to Senior Management: See above Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work...but not perfect

Business Leader, LFI (Current Employee) Purchase, NY

I have been working at MasterCard full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: salary is very competitive and innovation of products really good. CEO is inspiring. There are… Cons: Grp Heads can behave like demi-gods with sense of self entitlement; Purchase culture is stifling, too stiff and unwelcoming. Those… Advice to Senior Management: getting things can done can take too long, too many… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MasterCard.

Worked for MasterCard? Contribute to the Community!