MasterCard

www.mastercard.com

The MasterCard IPS group is a sweat shop full of incompetent management

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThere is MCU, MasterCard University, where you can learn about processing and the payments industry. There are some competent and committed people with whom to work. The facilities are OK, with the big gym and decent dining hall.

ConsThe benefits are not that great, especially the medican and dental.
There is a group of folks at MasterCard who have been there for 10 years or more. That is an elitist club. They do very little work and put the onus of all the real work onto the new employees. These employees don't get the pension (like the ol' timers still get), don't get the recognition, and get very little thanks and praise. In the IPS group, especially, much of the real work is done by outsourcing it to onshore and offshore contractors.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some fresh management in there. Try to break up the elitist club of the folks who have been at MC for a long time. Get rid of Lotus Notes for goodness sake, and replace it with Microsoft Outlook.

My expectations were wrong

Vice President (Former Employee) Purchase, NY

I worked at MasterCard

Pros: When I thought about joining MasterCard, I had reservations. It appeared to be a good place to go if you had decided you wanted… Cons: On the other hand, I would say that MasterCard is unnecessarily bureaucratic for an organization of its size. Because of the incentive system and… Advice to Senior Management: Stop being so risk adverse and allowing HR and Legal to run the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

MasterCard is a tough place to work and get ahead!

Director (Former Employee) Purchase, NY

I worked at MasterCard

Pros: MasterCard offers a good place to balance work and home life. If you… Cons: MasterCard likes to clean house every quarter and never announces it in the media. They… Advice to Senior Management: Senior Management shoud spend more time intercating with employees. Bring in… More
There are newer reviews on MasterCard.

Worked for MasterCard? Contribute to the Community!