Match.com

www.match.com
There are newer employer reviews for Match.com

Exciting place to work, great people, great perks, great fun!!!!

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Match.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Match provides a very stimulating technical environment. We have a very large-scale environment and provide the opportunity to solve large-scale problems. We are moving into a variety of new technologies that most engineers/developers/architects/operations would drool over. We do not outsource a lot, so our teams are involved with all aspects of engineering solutions. This includes design, development, implementation, operations, scalibility, high availability, etc, etc, etc. These days you don't see a lot of that. Especially in Dallas Texas.

The corporate culture is also very exciting. We have frequent happy hours, gym around the corner, on-site massages, bagel Friday's, parties at the lake, holiday parties, sports teams, etc, etc, etc.

Overall it is a challenging and fun place to work.

Cons

Our Product Management teams are consumed with metrics. This means a LOT of "digging holes" and then filling them in. We spend a lot of time building functionality in the hope of it raising member counts, but then we eventually scrap it because it does not pan out.

From the software engineering side, this is great because we can stretch ourselves by providing new solutions. From the operations perspective it is frustrating because we are constantly implementing features that eventually do not get used or get pulled out. From the business side it seems to be a large investment in resources for little payoff. From the member perspective it is probably frustrating to get features you never ask for......

Product Management is doing what they need to do in order to make Match.com a great experience for our subscribers/members. However sometimes we should just let the sleeping dog lay, don't constantly jiggle the handle........

One thing I can say for certain is that this is small issue and the overall technical/engineering aspects at Match.com far out weigh this small issue.

Slow down.....we are far and away the leader in the dating/relationship space. We should step out front and lead. Don't be so worried about what the competition is doing, worry about what we are doing.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Match.com (View Most Recent)

Match.com is a great place to work

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Match.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, a wealth of knowledge to gain from everyone and team members are willing to help you develop your skill-set.

Cons

No that I can think of.

Innovative and fun place to work but people can be superficial - who you know matters!

I have been working at Match.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, lot of product innovation, fast-paced and dynamic, opportunity to work on some interesting projects, interesting business.

Cons

Existence of an "inner-circle" among senior management that can interfere with career growth. Senior management tends to hire only people they know really well such as personal friends into senior roles so don't give much opportunity for people within the company to move up. Leads to a lot of frustration, politics and loss of talent.

Promotions and/or salary raises are not given very often - really depends on discretion of manager.

Be more transparent and try to breakdown this image of the inner-circle. It is causing a lot more harm than you think and causes a lot of frustration among employees who don't have access to this "circle". Give more opportunities to employees who deserve them and listen more. Recognize your talented employees more.

There are newer employer reviews for Match.com